Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Update

Here's what I've been up to the last month...

 
 I found this kit from Dimensions and made a cute peacock feather cross stitch necklace.


I bought some fantastic Noro Shiraito yarn (color 31) at Apple Yarns in Bellingham, WA on our way home from celebrating Elijah's 4th birthday, and made this hat for my aunt. The pattern will be available sometime in March.


I played around with some funky rainbow colored yarn from Loops and Threads Soft and Shiny (Fiesta). The hat is my Ruby Turban pattern, and the jellyfish is from Lalylala. (Be sure to click on the EN tab to get the pattern in English.) These are also for my aunt.


I made this simple cute mandala from Made in K-Town to hang in my kitchen, which has been rearranged and has gotten some new textiles.


Just this morning I made this cute little elephant for one of my coworkers. It's a bit bigger than the fingertip sized crochet elephant she jokingly posted on my Facebook page, but I think she'll still love it. I work the pattern using Loops and Threads Soft and Shiny in Gray with a G hook. I also left the wings off and added a bow and a simple sc scarf (ch 41, work 40 sc, extra sc in the last stitch, 40 sc along the other side of the beginning ch, extra sc in last stitch, join with sl st, fasten off, weave in ends).

 

We got our family pictures back from Cassandra Hamilton Photography. You can check out the rest of our pictures here.

 I read The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James.

All in all, it's been a good month. I hope your February was full of lots of wonderful things. Now, on to March!

No comments:

Post a Comment