Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Monthly Update: October

It's hard to believe that it's already November, and that the holiday season will soon be bearing down upon us. I'm so not ready!

Here's what I was up to last month:

Reading:
The Dancing Master by Julie Klassen
A whole lot of student essays - some were good, some were decent, and some made me want to poke my eyes out with a fork

Currently Reading:
Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman
The Girl's Still Got It by Liz Curtis Higgs
Love Finds You in the City at Christmas (only 1 book left in this series to accomplish my New Year's goal)

Crochet
A whole bag full of crocheted accessories for my friend, Cassandra from Cassandra Hamilton Photography. In exchange, you'll see some fabulous pictures of Elijah and the family come February. I wrote up all the patterns for these Winter Blossom items, and they will be available soon.


I worked up this cute little Foxy Stole. I love him! The pattern will be available soon as well.


I finally finished Elijah's Halloween hat - he was such a cute cow! Too bad the costume only stayed on for 15 minutes, and because of car issues we ended up not being able to follow through with our Halloween plans. We still had a great evening anyways!


I've started on the Blog Hop Crochet Along Afghan as a Christmas gift for my Grandma.

Other Happenings:
Elijah has completed his first set of swimming lessons. He loved being in the water, but I don't think we'll sign him up again until he can be in one of the actual classes (age 5), not just tot/preschool swim. We are going to try to take him to more of the free swim/family swim times at the pool.

I have also accomplished one of my other New Year's goals. I said that I wanted to have Elijah potty trained by the end of this year, and with the exception of still wearing a pull-up at night (although completely unnecessary), that has happened! Hallelujah!

Up this month - a crocheted Green Bay Packers hat, a couple more baby hats, a trip to Leavenworth, Thanksgiving and the beginning of Christmas decorating.







No comments:

Post a Comment