Friday, January 17, 2014

DIY Mug Rug

During my daycare freedom today, after going to work to get a couple of things done, doing dishes and starting the laundry, I found myself sitting at my sewing machine. It had been a while since I had sewn anything, and I had the itch. I knew I was short on time, so I decided a mug rug would be a good, quick project. Nothing fancy, just strips of fabric sewn onto some pre-quilted fabric. It was the perfect project for a cold and cloudy afternoon - mostly because once I was finished with it, I got myself some tea and cookies (homemade Health Bar chocolate chip - awesome!).


I cut my strips 1.5" x 7.5" and sewed them together with a 1/4" seam allowance. Then, with right sides together, I sewed the strips to my pre-quilted fabric, clipped the corners, turned it right side out and top stitched around the whole thing. It's not perfect, but I like it, and it will keep the table from getting a heat mark from my cup of tea (and it's way cuter than our pot holders that I've been using).

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment