Monday, December 23, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Day 10 - Framed Sheet Music

Every night, I hum the same song to Elijah. It's the same song I've hummed to him since he was born. For some reason, when he was born, the only lullaby I could think of was "Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight" by Chuck Berry. I know, it's not a lullaby, but the chorus has worked it's magic for almost three years now. Elijah will ask me to "Lay down, Mama, lay down. Mama song, please." It's cute, and I can hardly ever resist.

This Christmas, I decided to make Elijah a little decoration for his wall. I found the sheet music for the song at www.musicnotes.com, I bought the song and printed out the first page, which contains the music for the part I always hum:

Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go.
Goodnight, sweetheart, well, it's time to go.
I hate you leave you, but I really must say,
Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.
 
I put the sheet music into a frame, and will hang it on the wall in his room. It's the perfect little gift for him, and while he won't understand it right now, I think he'll appreciate it in the future.
 
This would be a great gift for anyone you share a special song with - your significant other, one of your parents, your kid(s), or even a best friend.
 
Again, Blogger and my computer are still not friends - anyone else getting the run time error? For some reason the photo uploader hasn't been working since I started getting that error. My husband insists that it's a Blogger issue, so hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment