Friday, October 4, 2013

Time to get cozy!

Our weather here in Western Washington was all kinds of bi-polar last week...sunny and beautiful one minute, puking rain the next. It was crazy, but some how I managed to avoid being outside during any of the sudden downpours. It truly feels like fall is settling into the area now.

My pastor has a saying when it comes to our weather here: You can get cozy, or you can get depressed. It's pretty true in this area, where it will be dark and grey pretty much until at least April, and sometimes even as late as June. Even though it's mostly wet and yucky here, I love fall. I love the excuse to stay inside, drink hot tea, read stacks of books and snuggle into soft blankets. I love sweaters, and scarves, and boots. I love the rain and the wind. The only things I don't like are all the pumpkin flavored things - ick - and the fact that it gets dark so early.

So, as fall descends around me, my mind turns to my yarn stash and crochet hook. What to make this year? Here are some of the things I'm thinking about making this month.

A soccer ball hat
A breast cancer awareness scarf
A boyish bonnet style hat for my kid who will not wear hats, but LOVES hoods!

And now, while I would love to go get cozy and get started on those projects, I really have to grade this stack of papers sitting next to me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, and I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment