Monday, September 9, 2013

It's been a while...

Things have been busy around here. Since the last time I posted, here's what has been going on...

1. My husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Five down, seventy-ish left to go!

2. I made a blanket - simple, three strands of worsted weight yarn held together and a very large hook, ch 53, dc in 4th ch from hook, dc across, ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn and continue until it is the length you want. For the ombre effect, I used 11 different colors, laid out from darkest to lightest I started with the three darkest, and after three rows I switched out the darkest color for the next lightest one in the line. I continued this until I was using the three lightest colors, and then I started adding the darker colors back in. If I was going to make this again, I would use a hdc stitch, the holes are too big and my toes get stuck. I love how the colors are rather Seahawks-ish. Go Hawks!

3. I made a hooded infinity scarf. Pattern to come later - check back! It will probably also end up in my Etsy store at some point, because I'm kind of in love with it. I'm looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear it!


4. We went on a mini vacation to Langley, BC (where I spent my first semester of college) and Birch Bay, Washington. We also stopped off at the Seattle Premium Outlet Mall in Quil Ceda, Blaine and Lynden. We went to Langley mainly so we could buy Elijah some Kinder Surprise Eggs (which are illegal to import into the US). He has found videos like this of people opening these eggs and he is obsessed with them. All day long he hands me various electronic devices asking "Eggs, Mama? Eggs? Please!" He thoroughly enjoyed his Kinder Egg experience and asks for more all the time. I'm a firm believer in indulging the things my kid is into - right now, trains and eggs. I don't get it, but I love giving him experiences like this.



5. We went to the Puyallup Fair (now the Washington State Fair) for some scones, animals and other fun things. Elijah even rode his first rides - a train with Mom, and a giant slide with Dad.

 

6. I made another simple cowl yesterday - I'm trying to use up all the bulk yarn in my stash from last year. I've got three more in queue. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these scarves...but I'm experimenting with little scarf accessories like the star below.


 Whew! I told you it's been busy. Now, I've just got to finish up my laundry and I can spend the rest of naptime relaxing...or napping...you know, whatever! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment