Friday, September 20, 2013

3 Year Baby Blanket and Fall Decorating

Well, it's taken me over 3 years to finish, but here is the blanket I started for Elijah before I was even pregnant with him. I think it probably spent a good year and a half in a bag under the back seat of my car - oops! It's a simple single crochet blanket done in back loops only, changing colors every 32 rows. I finished it just before lunch today, with only 4 feet of yarn left over.
 So glad to be able to cross this one off the list!
 Elijah getting involved in the picture taking process
At home on Elijah's chair in our living room.

I also finished the book, The Story of English, which was interesting, but not necessarily an easy book to relax with. You had to think about the linguistics involved and how ideas were connected to one another, my brain felt a little tired when I was done.

Last night, I started and stayed up way too late to finish another book. Kisses From Katie is the true story of a young girl who follows God's call on her life into a village in Uganda, where she teaches kindergarten, adopts/fosters 16 girls, and started the non-profit Amazima. I cried a few times throughout the book, and was deeply challenged in the way I look at my own life and the way I treat people. You can read more about her on her blog, also called Kisses from Katie.

Fall officially starts on Sunday, and I decided to spend some of my morning getting the house ready. Fall and Christmas are really the only holidays that I decorate the house for. And to be honest, I only decorate for fall because our house is already mostly green and orange and red. I just toss a few leaves and plastic apples and pears around and call it good.

Dining room table centerpiece and piano (aka "the mantle") centerpiece

I found this cute little tea pot at Marshall's yesterday during the few hours of daycare freedom I had before my division meeting. I have no intentions of actually using it, but I loved it, and it was $5. Sold!

Happy Blue Friday! Here's a little paper embroidery Seahawks logo I made, just because.


Now, it's time to buckle down and get some stuff done for work. I'm so looking forward to meeting my new students, and getting started with the new school year! Here's to the last weekend before fall really begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment