Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tea Time

Between 3:45 and 4:15 in the afternoon, you can pretty much find me doing the same thing every day (except Saturdays when we are usually just waking up from naps and rushing around trying to get ready so we can get to church on time). We celebrate England a little each day as we have tea time. It's one of my favorite times of day.

I get Elijah some juice and/or milk and some animal crackers and then I grab my cute polka dotted mug and make myself a cup of tea - extra hot, English Breakfast Blend, 3 tsp of sugar, and a splash of heavy cream. Toss in some coffee cake or a brownie, and you've got my afternoon pick-me-up. It is hot, sweet, creamy, and very comforting. There's just enough caffeine (and sugar) to get me through the 4:00 slump until my husband gets home.

Now, I realize that my cup of tea probably has at least 100 calories, and the coffee cake/brownie/other treat adds significantly to that number, so I simply eat less at lunch, and enjoy my tea time guilt-free. Oh, and how I enjoy it... :)

Right now I've got my tea and cinnamon crunch coffee cake next to me, and I am ready to sit back, relax and enjoy a little Chuggington with Elijah, as cartoons are often included in our tea time.


Won't you join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment