Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spring Quarter 2013

Done...and done!

The paragraphs have been written and graded, grades have been tallied and submitted, and that final email has been sent.

The weight has been lifted, and for the next two weeks, I'm free!

Now to enjoy my vacation before the real craziness of Summer Quarter sets in. If you're not a teacher, or you've never taught summer quarter before, let me fill you in. For me, a normal quarter is ten/eleven weeks (give or take a few days), five days a week, two hours a day. This is just barely enough time to cram in everything that needs to get done. Summer quarter is eight weeks, four days a week, three hours a day.

Normal Quarter - 2 hours x 5 days x 10.5 weeks = 105 hours
Summer Quarter 3 hrs x 4 days x 8 weeks = 96 hours

We lose essentially one week (9 hours) of instructional time during Summer Quarter, but let me tell you, it feels like a whole lot more! Plus, a three hour class every day feels REALLY long. It truly is a crazy, crazy eight weeks. Plus, this will be the first time I'm teaching the class I've been assigned, which means way more prep work for me...

All in all though, it's not such a bad set up...three day weekends every week, justification for keeping Elijah in daycare, and there's still five weeks off between Summer and Fall quarters. I really do have the sweetest gig ever!

Now, as for the coming two weeks...here are some of my plans:

Read two books - The Orchid House and The Last Time I Saw Paris (library books that have been sitting on my shelf for over a week now)
Get caught up on Blanket as Journal Project and post update
Deep clean and organize house (as per every school break)
Get my crafty on
Nap...lots of naps!


No comments:

Post a Comment