Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 29th birthday.

In my head, I'm still 24...but my driver's license says that as of today, I am 29. I have one year left until I am officially old. (No offense to any of you over the age of 30, but I remember very clearly being little and thinking that once I was 30, I would be old.)

So far in life, I have accomplished everything I wanted to do by the age I said I wanted to do it. I wanted to finish my BA at 22 - check! Get married at 24 - check! Have my first kid at 26 - check! The only other thing I always said is that I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30, and since most likely we are done (barring a major surprise), that one will most likely be a check as well.

At 29, I'm pretty content with my life. I have a great family, a cute house, a job that I love, and I've traveled to lots of amazing places. Sure, there are things I'm striving for in the future - a house on the water, a few more countries that are begging for a visit (needy places), and a book hanging out in the back of my mind - but all in all, I'm happy with the life I've been graced with.

There is one thing I've never done though, and it has become my goal for my 29th year. I want to crochet a blanket, one big enough for my to wrap myself in. I've crocheted small baby blankets, made throw sized quilts, and edged many fleece blankets, but I've never put my time and effort into crocheting a full sized blanket. Over the next 356 days, that will change!

There are many possible blanket patterns all over the internet. I have spent some time (read: hours) trying to decide what kind of blanket I want - ripple? granny square? color block? - and I think I've finally decided how I want to create my 29th Year Blanket. I haven't seen anything quite like what I'm going to do, and I find that very exciting!

I will be buying the yarn tomorrow (sale + extra 20% teacher appreciation coupon = yay!), and I will share more about my idea with you then. For now, I'm off to enjoy a birthday afternoon nap!

Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment