Monday, April 1, 2013

Back at it!

Spring Quarter started today...

It was a rough start for me...dropped Elijah off at daycare with no shoes. And of course, the ones I have in his cubby were too small...I had to be at work early, and there was no time to run home and grab some...so, Elijah got some cool new kicks! That boy loves new shoes! He went around and showed all his friends after I put them on him. Funny kid!

Meeting the class on the first day is always a little nerve-wracking, but I think it will be a good class. I have a few repeaters (and hopefully, they'll show up to class for more than half the quarter), and a student I had in a different class a couple of quarters ago. We are in a lecture hall class, and only have 22 students, so that is a little odd, but we'll make it work.

I meet my second class tomorrow. I will have three former students (who are taking the class simply because I'm teaching it - that makes a teacher feel good), and the rest are all Japanese students from our sister school. Generally a tough crowd to teach, simply because they show respect by not talking. They are used to listening to lectures and taking notes. I like discussion, so it's a change of pace for them, and like pulling teeth for me. I don't take it personally.

I'm glad to be back, but I'm also already looking forward to summer...only 11 more weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment